Sunday, May 13, 2012

Media Monday--HootSuite

During the Social Post Interactive's podcast about small business use of social media I lamented about not being able to post to my business Facebook page from my phone.  The Facebook app for Blackberry only does my personal profile page.  HootSuite was suggested--TA DA!

HootSuite is a free app that allows you to distribute one post to multiple social media venues.  You can attach an image or file, schedule a post for a future date/time, share your location, and adjust your privacy options; you can even utilize your Twitter tags (but not Facebook's) and feed your blog posts.  Oh, and when posting from the computer you can add a link/URL and automatically shrink it.  It was easy enough to set up an account, to link my current social media accounts, and to download the mobile app from Blackberry App World.

I did have some frustration with it during the week.  Every time I tried to post from the phone it failed to post to Facebook.  Turned out that when I first connected my fb account I had opted out of letting the app access it whenever.  No more problems once I re-connected it and permitted anytime access.  I can post directly from the computer or phone, and I can schedule a post from the computer or phone--pretty exciting, eh?

What did you do with your social media or social marketing this week?  Have you tried out HootSuite yet?  Has your message reached any additional people in the past week or two?

----
Social Media Update:
Facebook Page: 21 Likes
Twitter: 10 Followers


No comments:

Post a Comment