Monday, June 25, 2012

Media Monday--eNewsletters

I signed up for the free trial at iContact and sent out my first eNewsletter in two years earlier this month.

An eNewsletter for June, matching welcome notes for those that request to be on my mailing list--whether through market or through the internet, and a sign-up form on the blog.  Not a bad start, eh.  I still need to sort out the Facebook app for mailing list sign-ups and see if there's an option for a Web-based copy to post here on the blog like one of their competitors has.

Added bonus? A personal phone call from customer service to see how my first mailing went, an opportunity to check out Vocus, and they have oodles of online self-help support including blog posts and how-to videos.

Return on investment?  17% of my mailing list returned the week the newsletter went out; and one with a friend!  Not certain how much is coincidence, but I'll take it!  And two weeks later when I sent a "postcard" to notify that I had to take a sick day, I received replies wishing me a speedy recovery--so very kind!

Do you have an eNewsletter?  How often do you send it?  What content do you include?

-JS

No comments:

Post a Comment