Friday, November 2, 2012

CSA Week 5

Turnips, baby carrots, a small head of lettuce, collards, bell peppers, and cilantro comprised this week's assortment.  At the time we hadn't utilized quite all of the greens from previous weeks (I post a couple weeks after the fact) so I asked if I could swap the collards for a butternut squash.  They kindly obliged!

The turnips, butternut squash, and carrots (along with the sweet potatoes and the rest of the kale from last week) were utilized in a glorious meal called Stamppot.  I used brautwurst rather than rookwurst.  It is beyond my understanding why my husband and my middle child do not like this meal.

And we actually had salad with the lettuce.  It took me too long to get to the computer so I don't remember what meal it was with.  The cilantro was used in a pork recipe in Week 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment