Friday, November 16, 2012

CSA Week 7

Another round of kale, pac choi, radishes, turnips, as well as broccoli and thyme.  I got smart and separated the radishes from their greens.  A couple of the kale ribs came with bugs (a different variation of squash bugs?) so I set it to soak in vinegar water to see if it helped loosen any of the unwanted, umm, protein so they could be washed away.  They were tenacious little buggers so the affected parts were tossed.

I made a radish green soup that I added some barley to on a whim.  None of us have tasted it yet...I'm thinking of adding more to it for a heartier soup/stew.

We revisited one of the pasta recipes from Week 4 for the kale.  I'm noticing a recurring theme of greens and pasta...yum!

The pac choi leaves were used in a fish packet recipe that we won't be making again.  I think I ended up improvising it too much.  The stems are slated for a pork fried rice recipe.

We found a pork chop recipe for the radishes...it was okay, but it won't be made again in our household.  The turnips, broccoli, and thyme are still in the crisper.

No comments:

Post a Comment